The College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia is the regulatory body for massage therapy in British Columbia.
It is the duty of the College at all times:
- To serve and protect the public.
- To exercise its powers and discharge its responsibilities under all enactments in the public interest.
The College has the following objectives:
- To superintend the practice of the profession
- To govern Registrants according to the Health Professions Act, the Massage Therapists Regulation and the Bylaws of the College
- To establish, monitor and enforce standards of education and qualifications for registration of Registrants
- To establish, monitor and enforce standards of practice to enhance the quality of practice and reduce incompetent, impaired or unethical practice amongst Registrants
- To establish and maintain a continuing competency program to promote high practice standards amongst Registrants
- To establish, for a College designated under section 12 (2) (h), a patient relations program to seek to prevent professional misconduct of a sexual nature
- To establish, monitor and enforce standards of professional ethics amongst Registrants
- To require Registrants to provide to an individual access to the individual's health care records in appropriate circumstances
- To inform individuals of their rights under the Health Professions Act, the regulations and the Bylaws of the College and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- To administer the affairs of the College and perform other duties through the exercise of the powers conferred by the Health Professions Act, the regulations or Bylaws.
The College of Massage Therapists of BC serves and protects the public by regulating the profession...
The College of Massage Therapists of BC will act in the public interest while taking a leadership role...
Scope of Practice
The scope of practice of Registered Massage Therapists in BC, as stated in the Massage Therapists...
The Federation of Massage Therapy Regulatory Authorities of Canada (FOMTRAC) is a voluntary...
The Board of the College of Massage Therapists of BC is established in accordance with Section 16(1)...
The powers and duties of a committee are either specified under the Health Professions Act, the ...
Reports on the annual activities of the College of Massage Therapist of BC and the published newsletters...
This link will take you to a comprehensive list of registrants.
In order to assist you in finding additional information regarding massage therapy regulation and ...